Introducing the Speedway xArray™ Reader System
Speedway xArray is a game-changing RFID reader system – the first product designed to meet the requirements for wide-area monitoring applications while maintaining backwards compatibility with portal applications. It brings proven tag direction capability to the market in a package that is both low cost and easy to deploy.
The Speedway xArray system provides wide-area monitoring through its beam-forming antenna array, which delivers full power throughout a 40 foot diameter when ceiling-mounted at 15 feet high. The xArray system can distinguish 52 different antenna beams providing for location assignment within the read zone, and the antennas radiate a linear pattern in both the horizontal and vertical paths in order to read tags in any orientation. The reader itself is optimized to read many thousands of tags very quickly, and to distinguish tags of interest from the rest of the field. The xArray can be configured to handle both wide-area monitoring scenarios and portal applications. Moreover, Impinj has added robust tag direction capability that has been proven accurate even in difficult, real world environments.
Both cost-effective and easy to deploy, the Speedway xArray system’s slim profile was designed to mount easily into a single tile of a standard drop ceiling, where it is unobtrusive and able to blend into any décor. The Speedway xArray includes a tilt sensor, hysteresis feedback, and programmable beacon to alert users when the system or environment may need attention. The xArray draws minimal power (which keeps costs low) and runs from standard PoE (IEEE 802.3af), so there is no need to hire an expensive electrician for installation. Furthermore, the Speedway xArray is programmed using industry-standard LLRP and Impinj extensions, for maximum re-use of code and minimum delays due to learning curve with new APIs.
Speedway xArray Features
- Beam-forming 2-D array radiates a linear beam pattern in vertical and horizontal paths to read tags in any orientation
- 40 ft diameter read field coverage with full FCC power at 15 ft height
- 52 antenna beams enable assignment of locations or zones
- Robust tag direction capability which supports real world movement patterns
- Low profile design measuring just 18 x 18 x 2.5 in., fits into standard ceiling tile grid and blends into any décor
- Easy to use and maintain with IEEE 803.2af PoE, tilt sensor to detect when out of alignment, hysteresis feedback to alert when antenna may be blocked, and customizable beacon.
- Easy programming using LLRP and Impinj extensions
- Retail Physical Inventory Accuracy and Visibility
- Retail Loss Prevention
- Retail Automation (receiving, transition door, item location)
- Asset Tracking and RTLS (e.g., healthcare & logistics)
- Safety and Security (e.g., oil and gas, manufacturing, tools)
- Personal Experience & Traffic Flow (e.g., hospital patient flow, resort hospitality, amusement parks, entertainment venues)
- Used to replace paper labels in cyclic processes, supply chain operations and dynamic barcode label tasks, the ProVIEW system adds the benefit of an automated, dynamic system with...
- Superior Performance Made EasyWith Autopilot, a set of unique firmware features work together to automatically optimize the reader's operation for its environment:Autoset—continuou...
- Speedway® xPortal™ RFID Reader The Speedway® xPortal™ reader, an integrated UHF RFID portal reader, incorporates the industry-leading Speedway Revolution RFID reader and Impinj's ...
- UHF Desktop Reader/Writer UHF RFID high performance desktop reader/writer embedded with module which designed by using Impinj INDY chip, maximum power supply is 0-15dBm. is recom...