Superior Performance Made Easy
With Autopilot, a set of unique firmware features work together to automatically optimize the reader's operation for its environment:
- Autoset—continuously optimizes the reader's configuration for the best, most reliable performance
- Low duty cycle—reduces RF interference, power consumption, and energy costs
- Dynamic antenna switching—improves throughput and helps the reader work more efficiently
The Impinj Speedway Revolution reader also delivers increased application flexibility via support for Power over Ethernet (PoE), which simplifies deployment and dramatically reduces cost by eliminating the need for AC outlet installation at read points.
And this revolutionary UHF reader improves upon the advanced hardware capabilities that made the original Speedway the reader of choice for many demanding customers—capabilities such as best receive sensitivity, interference rejection, and item-level carrier cancellation.
Impinj, defining the future of RFID, where superior performance comes easy.
Impinj Speedway® Revolution UHF RFID Readers At A Glance
|Speedway R420||Speedway R220|
Air Interface Protocol
EPCglobal UHF Class 1 Gen 2 / ISO 18000-6C
|Includes all possible performance configurations and functionality to deliver peak performance for even the most challenging of applications||Intended for less demanding applications. Does not support the maximum throughput available on R420 including Max Throughput FM0, Hybrid, Max Miller and Autoset Single Reader|
Supported Regions and Geographies
|4 high performance, monostatic antenna ports optimized for Impinj reader antennas (RP TNC)||2 high performance, monostatic antenna ports optimized for Impinj reader antennas (RP TNC)|
Note 1: Speedway Revolution requires professional installation, may only be operated with Impinj-approved antennas, and can radiate no more than 36 dBm EIRP per FCC Part 15.247 regulations. Other regulatory regions have similar restrictions. Consult the Installation and Operations Guide to learn more.
Max Receive Sensitivity
Max Return Loss
EPCglobal Low Level Reader Protocol (LLRP) v1.0.1
10/100BASE-T auto-negotiate (full/half) with auto-sensing MDI/MDX for auto-crossover (RJ-45)
(* Available through Impinj-authorized partners)
IP Address Configuration
|DHCP, Static, or Link local Addressing (LLA) with Multicast DNS (mDNS)|
Network Time Protocol (NTP)
Reliable Firmware Upgrade
Note 2: Maximum is 31.5 dBm for ETSI region readers
Shock and Vibration
-20 ºC to +50 ºC
5% to 95%, non-condensing
Dimensions (H x W x D)
7.5 x 6.9 x 1.2 in (19 x 17.5 x 3 cm)
1.5 lbs (0.68kg)
Compliant to European Union directive 2002/95/EC
- Used to replace paper labels in cyclic processes, supply chain operations and dynamic barcode label tasks, the ProVIEW system adds the benefit of an automated, dynamic system with...
- Speedway® xPortal™ RFID Reader The Speedway® xPortal™ reader, an integrated UHF RFID portal reader, incorporates the industry-leading Speedway Revolution RFID reader and Impinj's ...
- Introducing the Speedway xArray™ Reader SystemSpeedway xArray is a game-changing RFID reader system – the first product designed to meet the requirements for wide-area monitoring ...
- UHF Desktop Reader/Writer UHF RFID high performance desktop reader/writer embedded with module which designed by using Impinj INDY chip, maximum power supply is 0-15dBm. is recom...